As outlined in a previous post, a new DMR repeater on 70 cms should be on air near Cork City in the next few weeks. It will be co-sited with the existing EI7FXR analogue FM repeater at Farmers Cross near Cork Airport.
ComReg has issued a licence call EI7FXD for the new DMR repeater with an output frequency on 430.250 MHz The input is 9 MHz higher on 439.250 MHz. This configuration is usually designated as DVU-R20.
The colour code will be 1.
The Brandmeister ID of the repeater will be 272015 should anyone wish to monitor the Brandmeister dashboard and hose line when it becomes active.
EI7FXD Coverage… The map below shows the approximate coverage out to about 60 km.
- The Farmers Cross-site overlooks Cork City so there should be saturation coverage there. Anyone with a DMR handheld should be able to access it.
- Anywhere in the shadow of hills is likely to have problems on 70cms. e.g Blarney, Inishannon, Bandon, Mallow, Fermoy, Glanmire & Passage West.
- The coverage on the N25 to the east should be good as far as the Youghal by-pass. After that, there is coverage from the Clashmore repeater EI7CDD.
- Coverage on the M8 motorway to Dublin is good until Watergrasshill. Once you crest the hill, coverage may be a problem.
- The same applies to the N20 north to Mallow. Coverage ends just north of Rathduff.
- On the N22 to the west, there should be good coverage until Lissarda. After that, screening from hills will be an issue.